Quality Inspector/CMM Operator
As Quality Inspector / CMM Operator, you will be responsible for utilizing Coordinate Measuring Machines (CMMs) to dimensionally inspect a wide variety of parts to customer specifications.
Responsibilities as a CMM Operator:
- Process and inspect customer parts through the CMM lab
- Read part drawings to determine dimensions and tolerance specifications per GD&T
- Generate and review inspection reports using various software packages
- Compare inspection results to customer specifications to ensure integrity
This position is not responsible for creating CMM programs, but will provide a great introduction into the metrology world! If you are interested in learning to program CMMs, we provide training onsite for long term development opportunities.
- General measurement inspection experience
- Familiarity with PC-DMIS or other CMM inspection software is a plus!
- Blueprint reading and knowledge of GD&T callouts
- Familiar with CMM equipment
- Familiar with ANSI Y 14.5.
- Standard machine shop math & trigonometry
- Ability to make sound judgment when checking components
- Proficient in interpreting geometric dimensioning and tolerancing, inspection, and layout work
You are a good fit for AIS if you:
- Are a passionate lifelong learner interested in challenging and expanding your knowledge
- Enjoy working on multiple projects concurrently and can meet deadlines
- Are interested in learning various metrology techniques on parts from different industries
- Are looking to gain experience with high-end contact and noncontact measurement devices
- Work well in a team environment and independently
- Are interested in growth opportunities and learning multiple software applications
- Exercise strong problem solving skills but aren’t afraid to ask for help
What you can expect from us:
- Cross training and certification for any additional areas of interest
- Consistent feedback and support for new challenges
- Collaborative team environment and independent work responsibilities
- Dedication to maintaining our quality standards
- Work-life balance
Must have strong communication skills, organizational skills, and a strong attention to detail.
Must be able to manage competing priorities and objectives.
Advanced Inspection Services (AIS) is an ISO 17025 accredited contract inspection subsidiary of Productivity Quality, Inc. (PQI), the upper Midwest’s leading distributor for metrology equipment. AIS has a 20 year history of providing dimensional measurement services for medical, aerospace & defense, automotive, and ag industries. Our temperature controlled laboratory is housed within PQI’s facility and our companies work together closely.
We are a small company that prides ourselves on our commitment to quality and getting the job done right. Our team environment is welcoming and is supported by years of experienced programmers and inspectors willing to share their knowledge and expertise.
The candidate must meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the job: sit and/or stand for 30 plus minutes, lift items to a height of three to four feet and or move items up to 30 pounds (with assistance).
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Please apply by sending your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to HR@PQI.net