Metrologist Level I
Advanced Inspection Services (AIS) is looking for an entry level or experienced individuals to join our Metrology team. As a Metrologist you are responsible for the proper application of software and equipment resulting in accurate and repeatable measurement data. You will be required to uphold AISs’ policy to achieve and maintain the highest standard of contract inspection services and will not knowingly take part in any activity that will call into question the company’s results or reputation. Previous experience in metrology / OGP/ PC-DMIS/ measurement and quality control also highly valued. The hours for this position are either 7:00 am to 3:30 pm or 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday with a thirty-minute unpaid lunch. We are considered an Essential business and continue operating at full capacity.
- Regular and consistent attendance.
- Reports to the General Manager of AIS.
- Read and acknowledge AIS Employee Handbook and Undue Pressure form.
- Keep the company’s proprietary information and all its customer’s information confidential.
- Remain impartial when performing duties that could influence the lab and/or its results.
- Adhere to the ISO 17025 quality system (including policies and work instructions) and any additional lab policies.
- Write programs, inspect complex parts, compile data and complete inspection reports.
- Evaluate results to ensure accuracy and repeatability.
- Accurately record time and equipment used on all inspection jobs.
- Confidently answer customer questions regarding results they were supplied.
- Maintain an up-to-date training record.
As a Level I Metrologist you will have experience or will build knowledge and proficiency in general metrology practices by completing:
- Metrology Boot Camp course.
- General metrology courses (offered by PQI)
- Mitutoyo Surface & Form softwares.
- GD&T Level I Blueprint Reading course.
- GD&T Level II Basic GD&T course.
- Become proficient in the proper handling, storage and use of inspection hand tools and gaging equipment (calipers, micrometers, gage blocks, pin gages, height stands, etc.).
- Pass required proficiency tests.
- Train and become proficient in the following:
- the company’s ISO 17025 quality system,
- customer handling and lab etiquette,
- job paperwork and time entry,
- training records and documentation requirements.
- Vision and/or CMM programming classes as per management direction.
- Continue ongoing job specific training.
- Troubleshoot and problems solve most problems encountered during a workday.
- Continue training on Vision and/or CMMs, through inspection jobs, tutorials, and shadowing Level 3 & 4 Senior Metrologists).
- Pass any required proficiency tests.
- Introduction to other specialties (portable CMMs, scanning, etc) as directed by management and needs of the lab.
- ASQ CQT primer course and exam (if required).
- The candidate must meet physical demands to perform essential functions of the job: sit and/or stand for 30 plus minutes, lift items to a height of three to four feet and or move items up to 30 pounds (with assistance).
Productivity Quality, Inc. is the Upper Midwest distributor for many of the best-known names in Metrology – Brown & Sharpe, Optical Gaging Products, Renishaw, Heidenhain, Mahr, and Mitutoyo. The products sold range from CMMs and Video Measurement Systems to hand measurement tools and hard gaging. In addition, Productivity Quality, Inc. offers calibration, inspection, training, and consulting services for measurement systems, gaging and machine tools. Our subsidiary, Advanced Inspection Services, LLC – Minnesota & Wisconsin (AIS), is the leading contract dimensional inspection service in the area with customers nationwide. PQI and AIS are both ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited.
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Bonus pay
The safety of our employees and the needs of our customers are paramount as we strive to support our business community from a safe and healthy operating environment. We follow the CDC guidance regarding COVID-19.
COVID 19 vaccine required.
- Metrology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Quality inspection: 1 year (Preferred)
Please reply – TODAY – by sending your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to the Productivity Quality Inc. Human Resources Department at HR@PQI.net
Please… No Recruiters, Telephone Inquiries or Employment Agencies… Thank You!